Friday 3 February 2012

Upcycled hankies

Lovely hand-stitched goodies.
My friend Julie read about a jewelry sale in the newspaper.  A group of women in a church group were selling their old jewelry!  For a crafty gal like me, I couldn't just not go. We went and the sale was small, but there was some fun stuff.  Some costumey stuff that I didn't have many ideas for. What caught my eye were the hand-embroidered hankies and napkins.

There were lots of napkins and hankies that had lost their set, and they were so cheap.  I bought this one for 10 cents.  I loved him!  He's such a cheerful little dude.

Click on the picture to make it bigger.

...So I up-cycled it into some embroidery art for my cross stitch wall!  He's chilling below my Dia de los Muertos cross stitch, and my position on children.  This hankie even inspired to do another cross stitch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!