Monday 13 February 2012

Sick Day


Somedays feel like a grilled cheese and tomato soup kind of day.  Today, I was sick, and so I had a day of comfort cravings.  When I'm sick, I crave the things that I had when I was younger, and this was a lunch that we had a lot.  There is not a lot of things that I want to do when I'm sick.  But what I do like to do is:

Watch TV.  I love that Netflix has television shows in its listings.  We don't have cable, so we don't watch a lot of TV.  But I have a special weakness for British television.  My new show of choice is Camelot.  Its terribly melodramatic and over-acted, but I love it.  I'm cuddled up on the couch in a woolen blanket nest watching episode, after episode.


I need tea in my very favorite mug.  I call this my "Teacher Mug" because this is pretty much my motto in the classroom.  I always like to stay calm, especially if something is going down to rile the kiddies up. When I feel sick, this mug makes me smile.  My mom bought this mug for me on a whim when we were shopping in Buffalo.  I've used it every day since.

What I am saddest about this sick day is how beautiful the weather is outside.  Its sunny and there's snow on the ground.  It would have been a great day for a walk.  Sigh.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be just as nice-- for Valentine's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I hope you're well enough to be spoiled by D and your students tomorrow. I know exactly what you mean - my childhood sick day food was either tea or ginger ale and salted crackers. Grilled cheese if I could manage it! The same now, just a few years (!) later. Love your mug!...and I bet you know the motto's origin?

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!