Sunday 12 February 2012

Pretty Little Things


I had a little date with myself on Friday.  After work, I decided to go to one of my favorite places (James North) and wonder around!  James North is a street where there are  lots of neat little art places, and shops.  I took in a show by artist Stephanie Seagram (link) (which was great) and then bought myself two pretty little things.  The first thing is very practical as it is very pretty: a tea wallet!

Isn't it cute?  I take tea with me to school and rehearsal, so it made sense that I take it in something other than a plastic baggie.   Its so sweet.  It was made by Sweet Stitch (link), so if you want one, go on to the link already.  I got it at one of my fave stores on James North, White Elephant (link).  This is why it is one of my favorite spots:

Photo from www.whiteelephantshop.ca

Look how beautiful it is in there!  And there are always at least 100 things I want to buy.  I have to settle on one thing at a time or I will break the bank!  There are so many handmade goodies in here, I always walk out with a little something, and a little inspiration.

I stopped in at another favorite spot, my local art shop Mixed Media (link) and bought a great pen.  I've always wanted to try writing with pen and ink.  I love the look of it, and hey, I love learning new things, so I went an bought a pretty little pen to do it with.  I get most of my art supplies from Mixed Media because aside from Dave knowing so darn much, this space is beautiful too!

Photos by Dave Kuruc at Mixed Media, from http://www.mixedmediahamilton.com/
I got to spend a little time with myself, see a great art exhibit, and pick up 2 little gifts for myself.  I didn't forget D!  While he was working away, I picked him up his favorite treat, some Portuguese custard tarts.  He was a happy dude too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!