Monday 27 February 2012

Made: Crochet Ornaments


I think I've been nesting.  No, I'm not preparing for a baby (mom), but I have been making things, and buying more things to make our apartment feel more like a home.  For a long while when we moved in, we were students, and didn't have the money to get furniture or linens, so we made due with gifts, donations to us the needy students, and what we could lind at thrift stores. (Fast forward and I still like to go to thrift stores, but I'm looking for different things now.)

Lately, I've been into beautifying our home, and turning it into something we are proud to have people in.  A place that we are proud to live in.  We have always taken care of our apartment, just never decorated it.

And its been all about decorations with me lately.  First were the birds (link)  and now I'm crocheting these little stars and balls.


They are just so fast!  I made 2 of them during an episode of Prison Break.  They are a cute break from the blanket I'm making, and just so darn quick.  They are instantly gratifying.

I've just been hanging them around the house in little places where they are a nice surprise.   I have a star hanging on my bed.


The pattern for these lovely baubles can be found at Lucy's blog, Attic 24 (link).  If you feel the need to decorate your nest.

1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I can't crochet, but if you ever find yourself with extras, I promise to give them a good home where they can look out the window.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!