Saturday 25 February 2012

Ongoing Battle of Wills: The Brita Pitcher

Photo from www.amazon.ca

Oftentimes, D and I will get into little passive aggressive bouts around the house.  We never argue, but we are both fairly stubborn about how certain things should be in our living space.  Every once and a while, you will get to read about these ongoing battles of will; especially when I get extra fed up with something.

Like right now.  I'm fed up with the Brita Water pitcher situation.

The Brita water pitcher situation is this:  I like cold water to drink.  So I like to put it in the fridge.  D says he doesn't like drinking cold water.  So he leaves it in te way on the counter. 

Besides looking sloppy and not put away, the water is super warm and gross when I want to drink it. 

I have said to him, if you want warm water, drink it from the tap.  He is convinced that he's going to catch leprosy drinking from the tap.  D's a bit of a water snob.  I don't mind drinking from the tap, but in our building, the tap water doesn't get very cold. 

One suggestion we've had was to get a second pitcher, keep one in the fridge and one on the counter.  Its a good suggestion, but I think that's crazy.   There are only 2 people in this household, AND in our little fridge space is at a premium.  I want to keep room for important things like cupcakes, and jam. 

Another suggestion is that I turn off the heat.  That way EVERYTHING will be cold.  But then I say, "that would save me money on hydro voice in my head, but I would spend more money on cold medication." 

So this is where the ongoing battle of wills comes in.  When I drink from the pitcher, I put it back in the fridge.  When D drinks from it, he leaves it on the counter.  Like a Luddite.  Then when I ask him to put it in the fridge, he sighs, "there's no room in the fridge."  Not ony do I think that he moves everything to the front of the fridge so it looks like there's no room, but I think he is hoping I forget that he can bend over, and that he does have arms to shuffle things around to make the pitcher fit.

Where is the pitcher now?  On the counter.  Where should it be?  In the fridge.  Will I put it there after I use it?  Yep.  Will it be there when I go for it again?  No way.

And the battle continues for ever and ever.

3 comments:

  1. Ours is about the bedroom window and how much it should be open in the winter. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about using his warm water and throwing some ice in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a slim line water bottle and keep it on the counter for him. Looks pretty and the water is warm. Done and done.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!