Sunday 5 February 2012

Made: Ripple Stitch Afghan


This blanket has been 2 years in the making.  Usually, I lose interest in a project this big a long time before I can finish it.  But this blanket was fun to crochet.  It was meditative to do.  And it used all my half balls of yarn.


Doesn't it look so pretty on my bed?  I love it there.  But now, its on the back of the couch ready to keep my feet warm this lazy Sunday afternoon.  The pattern was very easy and you can find a version of it here.  It was super easy to memorize, and once I got into the flow of it I didn't even need to count or look at the afghan.  I did a lot of this blanket watching movies.

The colors I chose had more to do with what I had on hand, rather than what I wanted.  For most of the yarn,  could tell exactly which project that color came from.  Its a pretty cool timeline of my knitting and crochet history!  I know that people sometime use a random color generator but decided to just crochet at will and see what happens.  It was kind of exciting really because I had no idea what the blanket would look like when I was finished.


All the stripes and the gentle ripples make me really happy.  Hope your Sunday is relaxing!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really gorgeous! The colours work so well with your bedroom linens, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! (Oh, and I have that wonderfully beautiful Ikea pillow on my couch...)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!