Thursday 9 February 2012

Crepes for Dinner


Being a grown-up means that you can choose to have whatever you want for dinner.  So D and I had crepes!  We had savory crepes first, then dessert crepes.  I ate the dinner ones so fast, I forgot to take pictures of the first ones.  But these are the dessert crepes with my favorite sweet filling.  Here's the recipe:

Easy Crepe Recipe (that I use for any crepe craving)
Makes 4 crepes (or 2 huge crepes)

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 lukewarm water
2 large eggs
1/8 cup melted butter
1/8 tsp of salt
for dessert crepes add 1 tbsp of sugar

Mix all ingredients, and whisk until smooth. Let sit for 30 mins to get rid of bubbles. (I have used the batter right after mixing, and the crepes turned out fine).  Heat a non-stick frying pan.  Lift the pan off the heat, and pour in enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan thinly (about a 1/4 cup of batter) and rotate the pan so that the batter covers the whole pan.  Put back on the heat and cook until set, about 1 1/2 minutes.  Flip using a spatula or finger tips, cook for a minute on the other side.  Done!  And fill!  Store between wax paper in an airtight container in the fridge.


My favorite fillings:

Dinner crepe: Baby spinach; brie; sliced turkey; cranberry sauce or honey mustard

Dessert crepe: bananas; Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread); peanut butter; pecans

But you can fill them with almost anything.  Please share if you have any amazing fillings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!