Thursday 2 February 2012

Recipe: My Favorite Potatoes


We're trying to eat healthy in our house.  Trying very hard. But every now and then, I crave french fries.  I need them.  They become the monkey on my back.  But they are so very unhealthy for us, but so tasty that we usually eat more than the surgeon general would recommend.  So I made up a new way of satisfying my french fry crave.  They're baked, so they aren't as bad (so I'm told) but they are still oh so good.

Stephanie's Fake Fried Fries

Ingredients:
4 medium to large potatoes, scrubbed with the skin on
2-3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Cut the potatoes into french fry shapes.  I like the long wedges myself.  In a bowl, toss the potatoes with the EVOO, Lemon juice, Salt and Pepper.

Lay out the fries on a baking sheet in one layer.  Bake on the middle rack for 25 mins.  Flip the potatoes over and bake for another 15-20mins until they are the desired crispness.  I like crunchy fries, so mine took 40 mins.

Eat with ketchup, if you must.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!