Wednesday 2 May 2012

What I wore: Blue and Flowers

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do style posts, because I don't think I have that much style.  I'm not trying to pander for compliments here- I dress fairly conservatively, and not so creatively.  I was never really into clothes. For a long time I didn't feel good about my body, so I would try to hide it; and worse, I adopted outfits that I wore like uniforms.  Every day I wore a black t-shirt and jeans.  ( Funny story: At one time I showed up to a friends house and we were all wearing black t-shirts and jeans.  So we dubbed it the "Fat Girl Army" uniform. )

Fast-forward to now, and I like the clothes I wear, even if they are a little sedated.  But then I read Rachele's sincere post about self-love; and another on being a fat blogger, and it gave me a little more courage to post about what I wear.

I have come a long way from my black shirt and jeans days.  I dabble in color, even.  (When I do this again, I will make sure to have a less blurry pic.)



Cardigan: Reitmans
T-Shirt: Wal-Mart
Jeans: MXM by Addition-Elle
Bangles: Ten Thousand Villages

I also wore these earrings:


 They are from We Dream In Color, and every time I wear them I get compliments.  These were a gift from one of my favorite people, Kate. 

Did you notice?  No ponytail?  I need to get some hair accessories this weekend.  Time to try something new!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!