Monday 7 May 2012

Love it or Leave it!: May 5 2012

 Another edition of "Love it or Leave it!"  We went on a thrifting adventure!  On Saturday, D and I found another antique fair (more on that later) and a new (to us) Value Village.  Some of the things we found were awesome in a good way.  Some things were awesome in a not so good way.

 

I love the color of this plate!  It is so happy.  And orange is totally my fave color this week.
Did I buy it? No.  There was a crack in it.  Sad face.  And there was only one.  Double sad face.



I love teapots.  I have four.  I don't really use them all, I just love having them around.  I don't have them in a display or anything, just high in a cupboard.  But I know they are there.  
Did I buy it?: No, D would let me.  He kept reminding me I had four teapots as I walked around with this beauty in my arms.  I would have bought it if I was alone.  Note to self: Go thrifting alone more often...



Um. This is awesome. 
Cool 80's lunch box with thermos? Check.  Awesome show I used to watch? Check.  Kit racing against the sunset? Check.  Michael Landon's disembodied head floating on the front? Check.  This lunch box couldn't be any cooler.
Did I buy it?: No.  It couldn't be cooler, but it could have been cheaper.  This baby was 40 buckeroos.  A little much for a lunchbox- no matter how awesome.


It was 80s day on Saturday.  I love this shirt.  It says, "NORM!" I used to dream that I could walk into Cheers, and everyone would know my name.  Ah great, now I'm singing that song.  But seriously, a "Cheers" t-shirt?  Awesome.
Did I buy it?: Heck yes I bought it!  It didn't fit me though.  But it fit D.  And he loved it.


For reals, a Steve Urkel doll complete with acid-wash jeans and saddle shoes.  We walked around the thrift store saying, "did I do that?" for an hour afterward. 
Did I buy it?: No way.  That guy annoyed me.  I might have bought it if it was a Stephan Urkelle doll though...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!