Tuesday 1 May 2012

Love it or Leave it: May First

So I want to try something new to curb the amount of spending I do at the thrift stores.  I don't spend that much (any more) but I always have this insane need to pick up everything I want.  Then I agonize over whether or not to get it.  So I take pictures of the things I love.

I thought it would be fun blog about if I loved it enough to buy it, or left it where it was.  So here we go!


A painting of a side-show starring "Nellie the Dog Child."  Weird.  Funny.  And in a cute blue frame.
Did I buy it? No, I had to let this one go.  It was great and I love it, but I didn't really have anywhere for it.


The sweetest red polka dot tin cups.  They are cute, and unbreakable; which a klutz like me values in dishes.
Did I buy it?: No, the owner of the stall wasn't there, so I couldn't haggle.  And I didn't want to pay 20 bucks for them.


:
Um, the cutest sugar bowl and creamer I've ever seen.  Looka them squirrels!  And the acorns!  And they say Canada!
Did I buy them?: Ah! No! But I should have.  I am deeply regretting not picking these up.  I may have to go back tomorrow and see if they are still there...


Isn't this the most perfect kitchen table you have ever seen?  I love the punchy yellow chairs, and the table!  It was in pretty good shape too.
Did I buy it?: Nope.  Too expensive.  I love it, but it was 300 bucks.  And the guy would go down in the price either.  I'm sad that I won't be able to eat my cereal at it in the mornings.   But it is better to have loved and lost... You know the saying.

Any good finds that you had to leave behind lately?






2 comments:

  1. He probably bought the table for 50 bucks at an auction. Julie and Leeanne and I went to one last night! My dining table soulmate went down to 10.00 and NO ONE BID but I left it behind because I already have three tables. You should go with us to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie the Dog Child!!! I wish I had that! lol The table and chairs are pretty sweet. Its hit or miss with those. Some are extra expensive and then others will be reasonable. I had a compulsion strike about 4 years ago where I had to have a Formica table and retro chairs. My husband wouldn't let me have the mustard yellow set I had my heart pinned to. (It was $300.) Now we have two of the tables and four chairs. I still have the urge to buy another one when I see a good set. They are just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!