Thursday 3 May 2012

Thursday Thrifts: 1970's Sewing Box

I'm trying to organize this little old blog better so that I have a bit of a schedule for blog posts.  I think that if I have certain days for certain topics, I will post regularly because I won't be stumped for a topic!  So this is one of the products of my brainstorming.   I will be posting about thrifting anyways, so why not devote a day to it! 

I'm quite pleased with the thrift store find this week- its thrifted and vintage!  And useful.


Its a box.  Ah, it is to the untrained (or uncrafty) eye.  But what is really is is a sewing box!  And it has little labeled places for all my sewing paraphernalia!  And little holders!  A vintage item after my own little A-type personality heart.  I love organizing things, and this helps me sort out my sewing supplies.


And I'm really into this color lately.  I almost bought some cups and saucers as well as a sugar bowl and creamer in this color.  Do you know how sometimes you are drawn to certain colors?  This is my particular flame this week.


Imagine my pleased sigh after I'm all moved in.  This box is great because it's nice and big too.  In the bottom I can store all my scissors and pinking shears, and rotary cutters and quilting rulers; and there is still space for an unfinished project or two to sit in there and wait to be finished.  Before this sewing case, I had several little boxes holding my sewing and quilting supplies, and these boxes were stashed through the apartment.  Now everything is stylishly centralized.

I was so lucky it was in great shape too.  This is the first serendipitous thrift find I've had in a long time.  You can see why I was so excited about it.   In your travels, have you found any items that have been incredibly useful?



3 comments:

  1. My mom had the very same sewing kit when I was growing up (even the same awesome colour). I have many memories digging through it re-organizing thread spools and sorting through buttons. Thanks for bringing those fond memories back. Enjoy your find!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog via Apple Blue... super cute! I love love love this sewing box! I probably would have let out an uadible gasp & then kept it safely tucked under my arm while keeping a close eye on everyone else who in the store... they might want to snatch it (at least in my mind)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hold onto it rather tightly, i must admit. It was in such good shape! I love it. Its handy as well as cute!

      Delete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!