Wednesday 22 August 2012

If you really knew me...

...you'd know that:

  • I am a perfectionist.  I am harder on myself than anyone else.  
  • I will call people out on racist, sexist, homophobic, ablest comments or jokes.  I don't care if it makes other people uncomfortable, I still do it.
  • I used to be an exterminator.  
  • I am very particular about the friends I keep.
  • I have a bad temper sometimes, and I work hard to keep it in check.
  • I expect the best from people, because I try and give my best.
  • I hate having my picture taken.
  • I am not an introvert or an extrovert.  Its not clear where I fall on that spectrum.
  • I worked in Congo with child soldiers when I was 24.  I don't like talking about it.
  • I had a brain tumor.
  • I speak french fluently.
  • I like blogging, but I have never been able to keep a journal.
  • I devour books at a rapid rate.
  • I still like to watch cartoons.
  • I don't feel as old as I am.  
  • I love singing.  I sing everyday.
  • I collect vintage pyrex.
  • I love kids, but I don't want to have my own.
  • I can't decide if I want to live in a condo, or own a house.
  • I don't understand the nation-wide bacon obsession. 
  • I used to be a vegetarian.  I still don't eat beef.  I think its gross.
  • I hate the gym.  I would rather get my exercise outside.
  • I love crafts and painting and drawing, but I don't have much confidence at it.  Only my students make me feel good about it.
  • I love tattoos.  I have one on each arm and a large one on my back between my shoulder blades.  I want to get another one on my upper left arm.  Flowers, because I love flower tattoos.
  • I like my "style." Its not unique; its more comfortable.  And cheap.  I buy really cheap clothes.
  • Usually I feel great about myself.  But there are some days I don't.
  • I have a really loud speaking voice.  Its good for teaching.
  • I didn't learn how to read until I was 11 years.  Before then I faked it.
  • I have eidetic memory, I can remember everything I hear.
  • I play piano, guitar, flute, ukulele, alto and tenor saxophone all mediocre-ly.  I love playing the ukulele.
Tell me something about you.  I really want to know.    



2 comments:

  1. Hola Stephanie! Gracias for sharing with us, I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you. I'm thinking of getting another tattoo too, 4 butterflies, a black butterfly and then 3 representing each of my daughters fave colors outlined in black. Still contemplating where though, perhaps back of neck going down my shoulder. And I love your BTW :)

    Hugs
    ~SimplyyMayra <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again...meant to say...I love your Art BTW! Sawwy "/

    ~SimplyyMayra ;)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!