Thursday 12 July 2012

"Play me, I'm Yours" & POMS Week 6


It's that time again; time for another Proud of My Size link up.  As always, I love participating!  I have found so many awesome blog with some awesome chicas on it.  I'm really happy that Rachele at The Nearsighted Owl started this link up.  If you haven't get on in this link up.  Here's my week 6, I thought this blouse looked a little retro, so I went with my beloved Polaroid frame. 


::Head to Toe::
Blouse: Old Navy (I know, right?  Cute print.)
Tank: Old Navy
Capris: Winners

It was a scorcher, and this shirt was very cool to hang out it.  And its cute.  I don't usually wear white blouses because I'm a chronic spiller.  I went for lunch, ate Jambalaya, and it was okay.  Then we got iced coffees, and BAM! coffee stain.   Luckily I prepared for this and had a stain pen on me.  Good as new.

While I was in Toronto today, I went for lunch with a friend, but I also got to play on a street piano!

 
The street piano project is an art project that started in 2008.  Now, British artist Luke Jerram has over 600 pianos in 30 cities around the world.  Each piano says, "Play me, I'm yours."  How could I resist that?  So I sat down and played "Misty," and I got my picture taken by a tourist.  I felt pretty special playing jazz on a piano in the middle of the entertainment district.  And the piano was decorated beautifully.


Not as many people played that piano as I thought.  Another man played if after me, but it mostly sat there without a player.  That's a sad state for a piano to be in.  It was fun to just start playing on the street.   I'm glad I got to see one.  If you are in Toronto, this piano was outside of Roy Thompson Hall.  I love street art; but this project was art after my own heart. I wish that there was a street piano in Hamilton.  It was a nice surprise to stumble upon one in the middle of downtown Toronto.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!