Tuesday 31 July 2012

Calming Down Through Cut and Paste


We had an afternoon storm here today.  Its good, we needed the rain.  But thunder storms make me uneasy and a little nervous.   Especially ones that come on fast in the daytime; they remind me of tornado weather.  I'm not being paranoid, I vaguely remember the destruction caused by the tornado that destroyed my grandparents house.  And I remember the damage of Hurricane Hugo.  I volunteered in the aftermath of Katrina.  My family hasn't had a lot of luck with storms.  I'm pretty sure that contributes to some of my discomfort.

So when a storm hits, I run to the comfortable arms of my first crafting skill, cut and paste.  Now that I'm older, cut and paste yields more sophisticate results, if I do say so myself.  So I made these easy stars to hang in our window.  I found the tutorial here, and it is very clear.  I whipped up three in no time.  And it was a soothing activity, what with the cutting, and folding and gluing.  Very zen despite the weather outside. 


My camera hates it when I try to take a picture of the window.  Why does science have to thwart my attempts at a decent blog picture?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!