Sunday 4 March 2012

Notes on a Sunday Morning


I'm just relaxing here a little on this sunny Sunday morning.  I wanted to share some of the random (read: ridiculous) thoughts I'm having.  I've been doing a lot of thinking this weekend, as I have lost my voice (the flu strike again!), and I wanted to share some in case you didn't already know how odd of a person I am.


I think my lovebird is bulimic.  After he eats, he comes to the side of the cage that I'm by and starts to throw up.  At first it was cute.  Then it was annoying.  Now its worrisome.  I think I may need to find a bird vet.


About 90% of the furnishing in our apartment comes from IKEA.  The only items that don't are the piano, and the kitchen chairs.  Everything else is Sweedish and comes apart with Allan keys. I don't know if this is good or bad.  It was affordable, and I love it.  D has stopped arguing with me about the merits of IKEA stuff, so I may have won a battle of wills.  I love IKEA so much, I wrote a song about it.

    
I'm getting kind of sick of the war games D plays on PS3. Usually I like watching him play it, but there is only so much snare drum and gunshots a person can take.  We've had discussions on how war should not be "played" as a game, but he likes to relax.  And he works so hard that he deserves to relax.  So I don't have the heart to fight with him about it. 



I want to get a trombone.  I love that instrument.


I love this Hyacinth.  Its makes the apartment smell so nice.  And the color! I want like 60 more. My allergies be damned!



So, that's what's going on here this lazy Sunday.  Tea and thinking.  Thinking and tea.  Maybe a walk a little later.  Then a nap.  Got to get rid of this flu once and for all!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE Ikea. Especially the As Is department. Especially now that I've found http://www.ikeahackers.net

    Bummed I couldn't get my crap together to see you before I leave for Oz. We'll have to work out something in April!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!