Saturday 10 March 2012

Little things I love


While I was out last night, completely on a whim, I bought this cute jar.  I love the punchy red and the polka dots.  Polka dots may be in the "love mosaic" this month because I have been really drawn to them lately.

Because we live in such a small space, everything has to do double-duty around here.  So this jar is a new holder for my kitchen utensils.  I stored the lid just in case I change my mind, and want to use it as a cookie jar.  But it was the perfect size to all all my spoons and such.  This way it gets to stay on the counter all the time and I get to look at it whenever I'm cooking.


I love the flowers on this mug.  I've been drinking tea out of it almost everyday.  I have a thing for mugs and get stuck on one when I just get it.  This one is a great big size, and the colors help my mood during the recent gray days.


The grocery store was having a sale on plants, so I bought some ivy for our living room.  Flowers are so hit and miss with me because sometimes I have allergic reactions to them, and sometimes I don't.  The hyacinth we had was making feel nauseous when I was ill, so I asked D to take it to his new boss.  I know it has a good home at his office.  Instead I picked up some non-flowering plants to green up the place. I love watching them grow from small 4-inch pots like this to big hanging plants.  This ivy is pretty hearty, so that should be sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!