Friday 2 March 2012

Making me happy

There are a few things making me happy today:


I made this brooch out of a necklace I found at a thrift store.  I didn't care for it much as a necklace, a little big for my neck, but I love the tree and the bird!  I knew I had to make something out of it, so a pin it was going to be.  I love it because it makes a plain sweater nice.  So I wore it to work today.


I love these earrings.  I got them at a the All Sorts Gallery (link), which is a great spot for handmade goodies.  I love to go in there and wander.  These were made by a favorite of mine, Tracey Brailsford (link).  She makes the most beautiful stuff.  I have 3 pairs of her earrings!  These little ones are perfect for wearing to work everyday.  And I wear them almost everyday.  I have some large ones for nights out.


A coffee date with one of my oldest friends and her cutie baby!  He was so sweet and happy.  And we had a good chat.  I'm so busy all the time, that it seems sometimes I forget to make time for just sitting and talking and catching up.  Thanks goodness for my friends, they remind me to chill.  


I stopped by my favorite fabric store (link), completely unplanned, and looked around.  I was looking for buttons, and I was excited when Kate (link)  told me that they got a bunch of vintage buttons that they have to price, but that are beautiful!  There were some antler ones I had my eyes on.  As I was looking around, I saw these great quarters, and had to get them.  Look!  They have birds!  Had to get them.  I think these might become patchwork pillows...


I made a decision a while ago to do something nice for myself on Fridays.  This week, while I was out with a friend, I saw these sprouted bulbs in little galvanized pails.  They were so cute; so I bought myself one.  I bought this Hyacinth, and its already starting to open. I love the color, and the smell!  Its starting to smell so nice.  It is brightening up our space and driving away some winter blues.


Prison Break on TV.  I'm almost done Season 2.  What can I say?  I'm a woman obsessed.

The last thing making my happy is the velour "Flava Flav" track suit I'm wearing.  I made fun of it, but... its really cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!