Tuesday 6 March 2012

Made: Myrtle the Turtle


Remember the hexagons I was crocheting?  I learned how t attach them while I made them, but in the end I didn't like it.  I didn't think they were attached well enough.  So I have a few hexagons, and I didn't want to unravel them... So they became Myrtle!  


Myrtle wasn't a completely original idea.  Angie over at Le Monde de Sucrette (link) mentioned that she was making a turtle.  And I thought what a great idea!  Now the execution of how to make the turtles were a little different.  If you want a pattern on how to make a turtle of your own, she has a great pattern for the low price of 3 bucks!  So shimmy on over and pick it up.  But I couldn't wait, so I made mine differently... 


Because I've been sick (I know! Again!) with a bad virus, I needed something to cuddle with.  This was perfect!  She's part pillow, and part stuffie.  A double-duty toy!  And she's so colorful it can't help but cheer me up a little. 


And when I'm in bed sleeping off whatever bug I caught, she waits for me on my new armchair. 

3 comments:

  1. This is soooo awesome or should i say BassTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your turtle is amazing - ridiculously inspirational. Love from Kate (from greedyforcolour)xxooxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate! Love your blog! Its on my list ;-)

      Delete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!