Wednesday 21 March 2012

Made: Striped Baby Sweater


I finished it!  I have been working on a sweater for a friends first baby.  They don't know if they are having a boy or a girl, so I chose some neutral colors, ecru and a brown color.  I think it is cute, and its even cuter with the buttons I found:


They are wooden leaves!  I thought they would go with the sweater, and I'm glad they do!


I went back to the store I bought these, and I couldn't find anymore of them.  When I asked the lady if they would be getting any more, she said that they never had buttons like this in the store.  Strange? Or serendipitous?


I hope that he and his partner like it.  I used sock yarn which is wool and nylon.  It is a little itchy, but I think that a baby would have one of those undershirt thingies on, so I hope its okay.  I'm going to rinse it in some Soak (link) and see if that reduces some of the itchiness.

Also, the sock yarn is washable so they can throw it in the machine and its wont shrink on them.  I like to make things for people's first babies.  Everyone should have something handmade for new babies! 

Now that I finished it, I wonder what I should knit next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!