Thursday 22 March 2012

Hexagons a go-go!


I'm a little addicted to making these hexagons.  I have this book on quilting, and inside there's a tutorial on paper piecing, so I thought I would try it.

Now I know what all the hoopla (link) was about.  It is a lot of fun, and not so difficult.  I am having a great time going through my stash for blue fabrics to make hexagons out of.  I'm making a table runner for my table.  I have some blue stoneware on it and a painting with lots of blues in it.  I thought a quilted table runner will be great!


The only thing is that it will take at least 60 hexagons to make my runner.  Thank goodness I like making these little hexagons.  If you live around town here in Hamilton, I know that Needlework (link) will have a class on English paper piecing in the near future, so keep a look out on their website.

I should go and make some more hexagons! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!