Wednesday 27 June 2012

My New Favorite Salad!


Last week it got really hot here.  Like, stupid hot-- and I mean it  'cause I'm from the South y'all.  As a result, I didn't want to be near anything that produced heat; which would normally be a problem for cooking dinner.  But we decided to have sandwiches and salad, so I experimented and made my new favorite salad.  Because I like y'all so much, I thought I would share it with you for a light summer supper or an awesome healthy lunch.

It's really easy:  rip up some kale and lettuce, add some red pepper, blueberries, sunflower seeds, walnuts and chevre (goat cheese) and toss it together.  Here's the best part, my amazing salad dressing (and its even healthy!)

Stephanie's Honey Mustard Salad Dressing:

1/3 cup of plain yogourt
3 tbsp of grainy dijion mustard
3-4 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar

Put all ingredients in a small jar and shake it!  Serve with the kale salad, and watch your partner who once proclaimed that he didn't like vegetables eat almost the whole bowl.

Speaking of bowls, like my new vintage Pyrex?  We found a stall that sold them at reasonable prices!  So I bought two!  And I use them all the time.  How did I live without them?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!