Friday 15 June 2012

Proud of my Size Link-Up, What I wore: Date Night and 100 posts

Whoa, triple whammie post.  There is a lot to do this post, so let get right to it!

Proud of my Size Link Up:

 

This is my first link-up ever!  I'm really happy that I'm doing this link-up to help start a revolution of body acceptance!   You may have read my about my last bout with low self-esteem, (that led to the writing of the Fat Girl Army Manifesta).  Rachele at The Nearsighted Owl started this link up and I HAD to join in.  I missed the first one, but I was determined to get in on this week.

What I like best about this idea, is that its a celebration!   The Proud of My Size Link-Up is for all bodies, which is totally my jam.  The rules for joining are posted on Rachele's blog, so scamper over if you want to join in on the fun. 

 

What I Wore: Date Night

 

D and I had a little date night.  Things have been strained between us because he made me get rid of my pug (more on that to come), and I was very upset.  On the bright side, we had some great talks about where we were going and what we wanted.  It was good to reassess our goals, so we can move forward.  I'm still sad about my doggie, but I'm starting to forgive him.  I'm good like that.

Since we were tired, both physically and emotionally, from this week, we went out for dinner.  I got to pick, so we had pancakes, then we went for a walk.  Our city is built on two levels (not unlike Portland) and so we walked along the top of the escarpment, which we locals call "The Mountain."  I wore a black tank top (take THAT rude lady from last week) and struted my stuff.  It was beautiful outside.


::Head to Toe::

Black Tank Top: Addition Elle
Jeans: Winners
Silver Birkenstocks: From here
New Purse: Winners

I love my new purse.  Besides being a delicious yellow color, its strap is long enough to go across my body, and there is tons of space in it.  Its leather, so it should last me for the season at the very least.  But I have been wearing it everywhere.  I can't usually wear yellow, it makes me look so sallow, so I'm glad that I can have this bag for that pop of color.  

 

Looks Like We Made It: 100 Posts

Lastly, did you know that this was my 100th post?  I'm fairly proud of having stuck with this blog for that long.  I had an old blog for years, but then stopped for a while.  When I tried to start up again, I was always too tired, or busy, or I didn't think I had anything interesting to say.  I'm starting to see this little blog as a chronicle of my doings and interests.  As a place to make silly jokes, tell funny stories, and reference 80s music.  Now that I'm moved in and settled, I can't wait to see what the next 100 posts bring.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!