Sunday 24 June 2012

Thrifted: Pennants and Paintings


I was so lucky today!  We went out to my favorite Sunday morning haunts and one of the stall sellers was trying to get rid of her pennants.  I happen to be caught in a moment of obsession with Americana, and I thought that these were too cute to pass up.  She had a lot of baseball and college flags, but these vacation souvenirs were definitely what I wanted.  I wanted to keep it to the Southern states (I am what I am) but I have a soft spot for Las Vegas, so I got that one too. 

At home, we had the perfect spot for it!  There was a blank space above our work area that needed something cool.  And they look great!  I was afraid they would be out of place, but I think they fit well.  I was so excited when I put them up!  They are not the only thing on the wall.  Since the piano was moved, I thought that all the frames looked, well... a little silly.  So I got some long thin shelves and we put some of our favorites doo-dads on them.  Two painting I thrifted are up there too:



That's right!  A two dollar painting (an original nonetheless!) and a 25 cent paint by numbers picture. I loved both of them, and thought that they would look great by our workspace.  I like this wall now.  There's a lot of really interesting things on it like the piece by a Tawahka artisan from Honduras-- but that's another story for another time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!