Tuesday 12 June 2012

Young and Restless


I was up at five in the morning to take a picture of the sunrise.  Its not the best picture as I used my cell phone.  I didn't expect to be out on the balcony watching the sunrise, but sleep wasn't in the cards last night.

I hate losing sleep over things.  Work is very stressful as of late, and I guess that is affecting me more than I would like to admit.

Usually when I can't sleep, I try and so something useful so that I will get tired and sleep, or at worst, get something done.  I could do either last night.  Instead I sat on the balcony and watched the sun come up.

Did you know that I had never seen a sunrise?

The colors were great.  But it was slow.   Maybe that's because I'm an 80's kid, and I have no attention span.  Maybe I'm not really a romantic.  I don't know.  I just found it slow.  But scientifically fascinating.  (I was spinning 1450 kph!  The sun wasn't really going anywhere?  Doesn't that blow your mind?)

But watching the sun rise did take my mind off some of my worries.  And even though I didn't get much sleep, I felt a little better.

Was this blog post boring?  That's okay if it was, consider this my way of curing any would-be insomniacs out there.  One read through this and it will knock you out.

Sidebar Story: When I lived at home, and my Dad couldn't  sleep, he would call me into his room and ask, "Pumpkin, how was your day?"  I would tell him about something that had happened that day, and he would fall asleep.  I would fall for this EVERY TIME.  He says this was the only thing that would put him to sleep.  That and the movie Dances With Wolves.  Come to think of it, I've never seen the end of that movie either.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!