Wednesday 31 July 2013

Dot com or not com

You like blogs?  I put a blog in my blog.  Inception.

 I have been playing with the idea of purchasing a domain for my blog here.  I have been looking around for the pros and cons of such an endeavor.  The thing is, I'm not very serious about my blog. I like to write it, and I love to share the things that I've been doing.  I also enjoy the comments and conversation that happen in this space.  But I am not interested in monetizing my blog-- which seems to be the biggest draw to moving to a personalized domain name, a "dot com."

More, I kinda like how small my readership is.  I feel like I'm able to respond to each comment, and "get to know" people that comment.  I can keep up with their blogs, and have witty repartee with them.  I feel like that I've made some friends with the people who have been reading for a while.  

But, I've read that having a "dot com" domain name, will expand traffic.  A few friends that have moved to a "dot com" have said they noticed an increase of traffic for their blogs.  So, as with all decisions, I have created a pro and con list for moving to www.bassability.com:

 

 Do you have a "dot com?"  Are you happy with it?  Should I just leave it?
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!