Tuesday 16 July 2013

Made: Cotton Cropped Cardigan (Try and say that 3 times fast)


Even though I have been a somewhat absent blogger, I have been doing other things.  I've been having a crisis about my blog lately (more on that later), but I'm pretty proud of the sweater I just made, so I thought I would share.

I stopped knitting for a while, and then my friend opened a yarn boutique.  With her shop came more incentive to knit on!  The yarn for this project was one of the first things I bought there.  I finished it in under 2 months, which is pretty fast for me.  I wanted something light, that I could throw on at night in the summer.  So I decided to make something in cotton, and voila!


Its pretty warm, even though it is cotton.  I couldn't wear it around here right now since its so hot.  It figures that as soon as I finish a summer cover-up, it swelters.  It will cool down, I hope, so that I can wear it.


For those of you interested in such things, here are the specifications:

Pattern:  I made it up, but here is one that is similar for free at the Lion Brand Yarn website
Size: My size.  I tried it on as I went, so no measurement or numbers were needed.
Yarn: Mirasol Hap'i cotton (discontinued), 5 skeins in color "Natural"
Needles: US 9 circs
Time to Complete: About 1 1/2 months, but I only worked on it once a week.







P.S.  I have been thinking about the Trayvon Martin case, and I will have something to post on that coming up.  Right now, I'm still really sad about the whole deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!