Monday 2 April 2012

Signs of Spring


Aren't these flowers beautiful?  D got them for me for the opening night of my play.  I love them.  He must have some some research, because these flowers don't cause my to sneeze or itch or anything that flowers usually cause me to do.  And they are my favorite color orange.  They make the living room so cheerful.

I love the power that plants and flowers have to change a space and make it more colorful, and happy.


Just looking at them makes me happy.  I will have to make sure that when I get myself flowers every once and a while, I will have to get some gerbera daisies.  Oh, I can see all the colors I can get!  I love bringing a little piece of spring inside. 


Continuing on with spring things, I made a business card holder using some leftover sock yarn that I had.  The yarn is Socks That Rock, and the color is Waterlilies.  I love this yarn!  It is hard wearing, and the colors are so bright.  If you would like a card holder for yourself; or you can use this pattern for a gift card holder.  I thought it looked nice than the elastic band I was using to hold my cards together.

Here's a pattern:

Card Holder

Yarn: Sock That Rocks, less than one skein
Knitting needle: 3.25mm

CO 24 Sts.

Knit 6 rows in rev st st
Knit 15 rows
Knit 12 rows in rev st st
Knit 15 rows more
Knit 6 rows in rev st st then Cast off loosely.

Finishing: Fold holder in half inside out and whip stitch the sides.  The rev st st section is the gusset of the holder.  Turn right side in and add a crochet chain measuring about 3 inches.  Attach to the back of holder, and a button to the front.  Put some cards inside of it!


 The return of the warm weather means the return of ice cream for me!  I can't eat a lot of it because I'm lactose intolerant.  But every once and a while, I like a little treat, so I made a banana milkshake.  Want one? 

Ingredients:

1 banana
1/3 cup of vanilla ice cream
1 cup of milk

Blend. Drink. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!