Wednesday 25 April 2012

Adding to the Wall


In our apartment, we have this HUGE back wall.  For the longest time, it was empty.  And that depressed me.  So I put one framed poster on it.

And that depressed me even more.

I made this grand plan to cover the wall in framed prints of painting, and original paintings to give my wall some life and personality-- so that it was more representative of me and D and our home.

This plan has been rather difficult to complete.  But, I have learned a few things about myself despite this incomplete wall.  I know that I am picky when it comes to pictures for the wall.  I  haven't been able to decide if I want all smaller pictures, or a mix of both small and large pictures.  ALSO, I hate the white wall, and I have been trying to choose a color for an accent wall.  But I can't commit.  I also hate holes in the wall.  Which makes hanging a dozen pictures, a difficult and time-consuming job.

The wall is coming along ok, but it still isn't what I want.  Becasue I don't really have a clear plan, I keep adding to it until I like it.  This is a work in progress to be sure.  I don't know if I will ever get it to look the way I want. 

However, I love all the pictures I have right now.  They all have to do with music, which is good since they hang over my piano.  I labelled them for you:



1. A print of a painting by my cousin Torrance Bass (link).
2. Another of my cousin Torry's prints.
3. A print of a beautiful piece by my friend Irena Komadinic (link).
4. A poster of my favorite singer Ella Fitzgerald.
5. A small painting of me singing by my friend Irena.
6. A print of a painting from the Blue Chicago Bar in Chicago.  I love that place.  So. Much.
7. An art card from Paris of Les Folies Bergere.  I love Josephine Baker.

And then there's that head hanging below the pictures.  My daddy got me that.  I don't know why.  But I kind of like it.  You know, in the way you like floating, disembodied heads stuck to your wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!