Sunday 1 April 2012

Backstage Pass

This weekend has been a busy one.  The play that I'm in, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels opened on Friday night; and 3 three performances in 3 days, I was a little more than tired after each.  

I can't show you pictures of the show on stage... Because I'm on stage. But what I do have are a few backstage photos to show you the magic that is community theatre.


Here is the sign out front.  You can sort of tell what type of character I play.  To be honest, I play a bit of a floozy.  But a helpful, nice floozy.  But still, the man-chasing, easily-conned floozy.  I do look great in that dress though. 


Getting ready with the make-up artist Janet!  She is so great. And she makes me look good!  I find sitting and getting my make-up done, so relaxing.  But the room is usually a flurry of activity, including the odd (sometime very odd) conversation.  It can be hard to just sit there and let it go on around me.  I like to to be in the action. 

 
This is Elisa, she plays Christine (the lead).  She has a bit of the show off, and so do I so I was testing out my flash in the dark of the dressing room. 


While testing out the flash, I had to take a picture of Kathleen in her "Jolene Oakes the Oklahoman" splendor.  This was supposed to be a candid, but she was on!  I love this picture of her.  She plays a bit of a floozy too.  There are a few floozies in this show. 

I should note: I'm not really a floozy, I just play one on stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!