Friday 2 August 2013

Made: Bow Clutch (that I will probably use as a make-up case)


I used to be way into quilting.  But then I got the new career, and starting spending all my time on that.  I did use my sewing machine, but mostly for alterations for our clothing.  Not so much for fun.  When my old sewing machine broke, I didn't rush to replace it.  I missed sewing, but it was something I didn't have the time for.  Since I do all my sewing on our dining room table, it wasn't something I could start and leave for an undetermined amount of time.  I guess what I'm saying is I got lazy.  So once I finished my last quilt (for my gramma,) I didn't really do it so much.

For Christmas, D bought me a new sewing machine.  

And this summer, I finally found the time to learn how to use it.  There are a few differences with my machine.  I have come to know my old machine as a training machine.  Thats why it was so easy to use.  This new machine has a bobbin case and stuff, which I have to tread and such.  Its a little harder than the old one.  But, this one has great tension, and metal parts!  Like a grown-up machine should!

So to learn how to use my machine, I made a little pouch for my small knitting projects.  It turned out cute.  I was quite proud of it.  But it was not impressive.

So I tried something a little harder.

And I made this bow clutch:



I love how it turned out.  I just used some fabric that I had laying around from the last time I was really into sewing.  I think it turned out really cute!  

But, I am not a clutch kind of girl.  I need to have my wallet and stuff strapped to my body, or else I will probably lose it.  At the very least, misplace it for a while.  So this clutch will probably turn into some sort of make-up case.  One that I carry around everyday, but in a bigger purse that I can strap to my body.  You know how it is.




If you happen to be a crafty-type and want to make one for yourself,  I used this tutorial from Elm Street Life's blog.  It was so clear, and very helpful.  She outlines every step of making the clutch, with pictures!  Having written my own sewing tutorial, I know how time consuming it is to write one that is helpful.  So if you use it, make sure you tell her how awesome her tutorial is.  

Have you tried sewing anything lately?  Do you sew?  
 

10 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I got an old sewing machine last fall, and it's just been sitting in the corner of my living room, taunting me to start learning. I wish I had my mom teach me when I was younger. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is awesome! You are so talented! I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is soooooo cute! I love it. also, I think I saw you downtown by Jackson the other day but I wasn't sure so if you wondered why some person was staring at you from a car that was probably me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! How pretty is that! Que linda! Love the color combination! You continue to amaze me!


    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I love inspiring people to craft! Best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks lady. Make one! I know you can do it! I think that blogger sells them too (if you aren't a sew-er...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did I have a big camera on? If so, yeah that was me. I was walking around taking pictures of stuff and being overall dreamy, and such. I got some really nice pictures. You should have said hi! I would have recognized you! And its not too strange to yell out of cars at people, at least not in our city...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks bonita! I wanted something I could use with anything I wear, which is a lot of black. You know how it is. I hope everything is bueno with you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there was coffee in one hand, not sure about a camera though. Anyway, if it wasn't you you have a doppelganger. You should share them on here! Next time I will yell. It's true,people yell shit at me all the time from cars. Oh Hamilton.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for inspiration! Now I just need follow through :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!