Tuesday 13 August 2013

Adventures in Moving, Part 1


comic from http://graphicgoulash.com/

While we have been living here, we haven't really got to know a lot of our neighbors.  We knew a couple of people on our floor, but one family moved.  Other than that, there are some folks we recognize, but many that we don't.

Now we are in the middle of moving our stuff people are talking to us.  Here are some conversations I have had today while moving some boxes:

 

Woman on the elevator:  Moving in, or out?

Me: Out.

WOTE: Lucky.  How much time did you put in?

Me: Nine Years.

WOTE: Yeah, I want to get out too.  It used to be nice here, but they change staff all the time...\

Me:  I know what you mean.

WOTE: Good luck out there.

 

And another convo:

Big Guy from the 8th floor: Moving out?

Me: Yep.

BGFT8F: I want to get out of here in a year.

Me:  You totally will.

BGFT8F:  I hope so; I'm going to get out of here someday.

What do these conversations sound like to you?  To me they sound like a conversation in prison. 
 





2 comments:

  1. Hahah,oh my god those do sound like prison convos! Thank goodness you are getting out,on good behaviour I hope lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how you talk to your neighbors more as you're on your way OUT of a place...this has happened to me more than once.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!