Friday 3 May 2013

Made: Knitted Baby-Cardis


Did you know that I liked to knit?  I totally do!  I used to have a knitting blog, but I always felt bad that I was posting other things and not enough knitting, so I often felt guilty about the blog-- you know how blog-guilt is.  So I gave it up, and started this blog about all kinds of things.

ANYWAYS, I still knit sometimes.  Especially when I find out my friends are having babies!  Lots of babies seems to be showing up in my friends bellies.  So I made these cute sweaters.


So I knit this pattern, and it was really easy!  Its "top-down," so no seaming.  And I really like how they turned out.  I think that they are classy; something a baby can read while reading a good novel, and sipping some single-malt scotch.

Obviously, I don't know much about raising a child.

But I do know that they need to be warm.  And these wool sweaters will do the trick.


I chose these colors because I don't know if the babes are going to be boys or girls.  Not that it matters, these sweater are cute enough for either.  The yarn I used is Madeline Tosh Vintage, in Opaline (grey) and Turquoise.   Each sweater took just over one skein of yarn.  It was also a little pricey-- but you only have one firstborn, right?  And I think every baby should have something handmade.


I love the buttons.  I "inheirited" some old buttons from a friend who's mom was one crafty lady.  I love using them on my projects.  I like that they are used on a project that is so special.

Overall, I'm pretty excited and a little impressed with these sweaters.  I hope that the moms-to-be that I give them to enjoy them.  And I hope that they keep the little babies warm.

If you are a knitter, here are the details of this project:

Pattern: Baby Sophisticate (Ravelry Pattern)
Size: 6-12 months
Yarn: Madeline Tosh Vintage, 1 1/2 skeins per sweater; colors Opaline and Turquoise
Needles: US Size 8, 20" circulars and DPNs
Time to complete: About 9-10 hours each









No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!