Tuesday 30 April 2013

25 things fat people shouldn't do: Swing


I'll admit it.  Until I read this list Jes posted, and then decided to do everything on it, I had no desire to swing at the park.  None.  I never really liked swings as a kid.  I was more the slide type.  But it was on the list, so I did it.  And it was a little fun.  I couldn't swing for a long time-- my stomach felt weird with the swing motion, but it was fun. 

Mostly fun because the kids that were playing in the park had no idea why D and I decided to swing on the swings.  As soon as we got on them, out of nowhere, the park kids came over and wanted the swings. 

I told them, "too bad."  And swung until I felt I was done.  Which happened to be for like 2 more minutes.

And as soon as we got off of them, the kids didn't want them anymore.

There's probably a metaphor for life in that story.  Maybe.

For now I will leave you with this last pic of me swinging; not breaking anything and teasing some neighbourhood kids:

I think one of the kids went to get his mom at this point...

** Here are the 25 things I've already completed: Sit in a booth; Eat in Public; Drive; Ride a bike; Wear a mumu; Make art of themselves; Jump in an elevator.  And you can find the list here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!