Monday 6 May 2013

Liebster is German, I think.

Source for image

I may have won this before.  I can't remember.  But I refuse to check and see if I did win, because it was totally a nice surprise from Hope over at Hopefully Smashing.  Thank you, Hope for thinking of me and this here lil' ol' blog o' mine. 

The Liebster Award is given from one blogger to another. They should admire that bloggers work and want to promote their blog to others. It should be given to a relatively small blog (with less than 300 followers). The person receiving the award has to answer 11 random questions about themselves, provide 11 random facts, and then nominate a few other bloggers. 

11 Questions Answered:

1. What's your favorite place to eat?
Home.  When I have time, and the energy, I am a mean cook.  I don't really like eating in restaurants.  It's a quirk I have.

2. Who or what inspired you to get into blogging?
I first started blogging with some friends as a way to keep abreast of all the news in our lives-- we live on 4 separate continents!  The rest of them stopped the blog thing and kept up with the facebook thing, but I continued blogging about my interests.  I used to have a knitting blog, because I was big into knitting.  Makes sense.  But I also wanted to write about other thing too.  So I stopped my knitting blog and started this one.  Why did I start my knitting blog?  I used to write knitting patterns and a blog was a great way to share them. 

3. If you could pick, what would be your dream job?
Teacher.  Or rock star.

4. How would you describe your perfect day?
Wake up after a good night's sleep; coffee; road trip somewhere great like the Aberfoyle Antique Market; frozen yogurt; nap. 

5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
Like, ever?  My dad.  He grew up poor and black in the segregated South U.S. and still followed his dreams to become an "All American"football player and a professional athlete.   He reminds me that "it's not where you come from, butHis life where you are going."

6. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Something boring, like pay debts.  Travel.  Donate some of it. 

7. What's the craziest thing you've ever done?
Work in a war-torn country. 

8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
New Orleans.  Love that place.

9. What was your favorite thing as a kid?
My favorite toy?  Thing to do?  This is a vague question.

10. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Racism.  That shit doesn't make any sense.

11. How has blogging changed your life?
I share more on my blog.  IRL I used to be pretty tight-lipped.  If you can believe that.

11 Random Facts (If you really want to know):

1.  I'm of mixed race.  I'm biracial, Black and White.  It is pretty obvious that I'm not white, but it's not totally easy to tell what background I am.  The biggest annoyance I had growing up was people asking me if I was adopted. 

2. I am super sarcastic.  It is my not-so-secret super-power.

3. I used to be an opera singer.  I was in 2 operas.

4. I like poetry.  My favorite poem is "The Highwayman" by Alfred Noyes.  That should be a movie.  Second fave:  "Stopping by Woods" by Robert Frost.  Both of these poems I can recite from memory.

5.  I try to keep it clean here, but I swear like I'm part sailor in my personal life.  A bad habit, but hey; it's part of my discourse now. 

6. I love comedies over dramas. 

7. I play the piano, guitar, alto and tenor saxophone, flute, and ukulele.  I also sing.  I love music.  Any kind of music.  Honestly.  Even country music. 

8. I hate going to the movie theater.  When I have to go, I develop a pseudo-psychiatric (or fake disorder) condition called "Theater-rage."  I am prone to loud outbursts when people answer their cell phones during the movie; when people talk during the movie; when people are late and disrupt other around them for seats-- they should go to the front rows.  I call them "the late box."  I'm even getting mad now just thinking about it.  I haven't been to a movie in more than 7 months.

9. I'm am finding it difficult to think of 11 interesting things about me.  This probably says something about me...

10.  I've had many weird jobs.  My weirdest? I was an exterminator for 3 years.

11.  My star sign is a cancer.  Even though I don't believe in it, I am very much like horoscope books describe cancerians.  So, that's interesting.  Right?

Nominated: Meg from Miles from Ordinary; and Becky from United States of Becky.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!