Friday 11 October 2013

Cross-stitch Sentiment Art- Sentitmenart? Sartiments? Help me think of something here...


One this I've been doing a lot of lately is cross stitching.  I really like it.  Its relaxing; and its really versatile.  One thing I really love stitching is quotations.  I made these little things while watching TV.  It was really to put one of these together.  Pretty inexpensive too!  If you want to try and make your own, but have no idea how to cross stitch, I would have a look at this site. It even has pictures! 

To make my quotations, I used 16 count fabric (makes the letters a little bigger), a size 5 sharp needle, and 2 of the 6 strands in a length of embroidery floss.

The other super helpful site was this one, the Cross Stitch Writing Tool.  All you have to do is type in your words, and it will chart out the letters for you!  You can save the file as a PDF or print it out!  I typed in my words, and chose a font, and I was ready to start stitching!

The arrows I just made up.  But there are thousands of free cross stitch patterns of arrows out there.  Just use a little imagination, and sew it up!

But seriously.  I'm really into the trend of running two words together that have no business jammed up against each other.  Frenemy?  Love it.  So, in that tradition, what should this be called?  Sentitment-artity?  Cross- stitchitments?




5 comments:

  1. I love those! You did a great job. How did you do the lettering? Stencile? Pattern? Just honest to goodness awesomeness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I missed your comments! Can either of you fine ladies name that song...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recognized the lyrics, but I can't put lyrics to a song, so I Googled it! I feel silly now. Good call on the tune - I'm a big fan of Renee Olstead's version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3xkf7rkwIY :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I have only done cross stitching once, bur I really enjoyed it. Maybe I should try to take it up (on top of the other million crafts I do).

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!