Saturday 2 March 2013

What I Wore: Basic Black


“I wore black because I liked it. I still do, and wearing it still means something to me. It's still my symbol of rebellion -- against a stagnant status quo, [...], against people whose minds are closed to others' ideas.”  - Johnny Cash

It's been a really long time since I've done a style post.  See, the problem is, that I having really been dressing for anything more than comfort lately.  Its a crazy trap I fall into when I'm working so hard:  I wake up and put on the first thing in the closet and go to work.  Since I leave my house when its dark, and return when its dark, there's not much time for photos.  I could take them at work but its super busy there with the students and all.

So, today when we went to the mall, I took this picture to show you how I've been dressing lately.  Funny enough, I haven't be wearing much black.  So today I thought it would be fun to wear some.  That and I wanted to show off my boots.  Aren't those boots great?

I usually have problems finding boots that fit my calves.  I have huge, muscular calves on the account that I run.  I was so happy when one of my fave plus size clothing stores started carrying boots.  They fit me like a glove.  And they are leather.  I love them.

Head to toe: Scarf: I bought it at a train station!/ Coat: The Bay / Pants: Lululemon (but I got them at one of those discount shows.  There's no way I would pay 100 bucks for leggings!) / Boots: Addition-Elle / Purse: Danier Leather

There's still some time to join the first question of the "No Stress Bookclub!"  New question comes out tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Hola Stephanie! You look great. Love the boots and purse! The Cash quote is awesome, never heard it before. Love what it represents!

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!