Sunday 3 March 2013

Link Up-- No Stress Book Club: On Repeat?


I love hearing about the books people read.  And I love Link-Ups.  So this is the best of both worlds.  But this isn't a blog book club in the regular sense.  There is no required reading.  We talk about books you have already read.  Each week there will be a new question about books and their characters to answer.  Once you have answered, link up so that everyone can see your answer!

This week's question:

What book could you read (or have you read) over and over?

There are a number of books I have on repeat.  But there is one that I come back to  often enough that it qualifies as being read over and over. 

My tattered and dogeared copy of The Eight by Katherine Neville is my go-to feel better read.  It is not my favorite book, but it is a book that I enjoy reading every time I pick it up.  Its like a favorite movie to me; each time I read this book, I notice something different.

Synopsis from Goodreads:
" Computer expert Cat Velis is heading for a job to Algeria. Before she goes, a mysterious fortune teller warns her of danger, and an antique dealer asks her to search for pieces to a valuable chess set that has been missing for years...In the South of France in 1790 two convent girls hide valuable pieces of a chess set all over the world, because the game that can be played with them is too powerful... "

Ok yes, it is about chess.  But it is also an adventure fiction; historical fiction (it spans from the 1790s to the 1980s); mystery and a dreamy Russian chess master named Aleksander Solarin.  Overall, it is a fun book.  And when I want to read to be entertained, this book never disappoints.  

The Eight is also quite a long book.  I have a problem with short books (if I like them.)  They end too soon sometimes; but this book is just over 600 pages, which is long enough for me to read it and not feel that it was over too soon.  

What book do you read on repeat?

How to link up:
  • Write a post answering this week's question on your blog.
  • Post the link here;
  • Grab a button to share! (In the side bar)
  • That's all there is too it.  No stress!

Have a look at the first question of the No Stress Book Club here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!