Sunday 11 July 2021

A (Hopefully Anti-Poke) Needle Book



I was watching YouTube, you know, as you do during a pandemic, and I came across a tutorial for a Needle book.  Looking at my state of needle storage, I thought that was a brilliant idea to coral my pointy things.  The tutorial I watched was by Nik the Booksmith Needlebook for Sharp Pokey Things - Tutorial
and I wanted to try and make it my own.  Not being a professional book smith, or really good at sewing, I made one anyways!  It was not as difficult as I thought.  If you want to make on too, here are the details and the video tutorial below.

Here's what you need for the project: -Design paper or cardstock - Felt -Button -Elastic cord - Glue - Scissors -Paper trimmer (optional) 
- Sewing Machine (optional) or needle and thread 
- any decorations you want to use (that's the fun part!)

Preparation: 

  1. You will need to cut your felt into 3 pieces: 1 piece 6.5" x 4.25" for the booklet, and 2 pieces 1.25" x 2.25" for the needle storage parts.  
  2. Then you will need 2 pieces of cardstock for your covers that measure 4" x 3".  You can use fabric, but the cardstock makes the booklet "Anti-Poke." 
Once you have your pieces cut out, you're ready to put it together!  Follow the instructions in the video for step-by-step instructions.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!