Tuesday 21 April 2020

Quarantine Thoughts- Part 1




  1. I should miss going places more than I do.  Right?  I think I may be built for lockdowns.  I don't miss going outside.  I don't miss restaurants, parks, movie theatres... Any of it.  I like being able to stay in and not be judged for it- you know, the people who say "but its such a nice day outside!"  

  2. We are out of meat, and milk and almost eggs.  We order our food more than 2 weeks in advance, and usually don't get the entire order.  I can't go into the stores because I'm high risk due to my lung condition; so I'm at the mercy of the staff.  It's stressful.  I'm lucky though, because if we are really stuck, D can go in and pick up things and knock down old people if necessary. (joking. sort of.) 

  3. FREAKING HOARDERS! Why do you need 1000 rolls of TP? So that other can't get any?  Then they feel the need to hoard too, and then no one can get anything because you drive up scarcity.  Think, people!

  4. I think its pretty funny that people who thought they could be profiteers with the TP and hand sanitizer are stuck with all the stuff they bought.  This one grocery manager basically told people "tough titties" for buying too much TP, and no they can't return it.  Ah, sweet justice.

  5. I was talking to D and I wondered, "If it was the end of the world, would be even know?  If its not a huge event, but a virus that moves through the population, how long would it be before we knew it was the beginning of the end?  What would be the signs?"  Isn't that a happy thought?  No more dystopian books for me for a while.

3 comments:

  1. I am also enjoying sheltering-in-place more than I think I should... #hermitsunite
    Back when I was into the Walking Dead and they then had the show Fear the Walking Dead, I was hoping it was going to do more of the BEFORE the zombie craziness, like how life is now. I'm sure it wasn't just an overnight thing.
    Everyone that hoarded way more toilet paper and hand sanitizer then they needed are the worst. So selfish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the same hopes for FtWD: more suspicion, paranoia, is it happening or not?

      Delete
  2. It's so weird, with the TP and sanitizer thing? I follow several people on instagram who are Canada-based and they're saying the same stuff: struggles with people hoarding, being in lock-down, etc. It's interesting to me because the US is all: we need to open shit back up!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!