Monday 27 April 2020

Made: 3D Shadowbox Cards



Time for another tutorial!  For some reason, the sound in this one is not... great.  I'm not sure why; I used the same microphone.  Ah, technology.  So awesome, and so annoying at the same time.

Just like Quarantine (nice segue?), I made some Happy Mail for people since we're still in Quarantine, and found out that schools will be closed until May 31st 2020 now.  However, today there is supposed to be an announcement About the plan to "open up society" again.  I have no plans in going out until its safe again.  So, there's that.

ANYWAYS, tutorial!  I filmed a tutorial on how to make these cards.  They are fun to make, and I made a couple of them with some of my paper stash.


Heh, "I don't need therapy, I talk to my plants."  Would be funny if it weren't very true of me and my quarantine experience.  I even named my plants.  When they droop and need water, I call them drama queens.  Ah, I have fun.

Here are the materials you will need to make your own Shadowbox cards:

  • 1 piece of card stock cut to 8.5" x 11"
  • Glue
  • Scissors
  • Paper trimmer (not necessary but nice to have)
  • Scoring board (again, not necessary but nice to have)
  • Bone folder
  • Die cuts or stickers to decorate your card
  • Foam tape
Measurements:
  • Cut Card stock into 2 pieces, 1- 8.5" x 8.5" and 1- 2.5" x 8.5"
  • On the 8.5" x 8.5" piece, score on each side at 0.5", 1", 1.5", 2" 
  • Score on 2 opposite side at 2.5" and 6" (these are a cutting guide)
  • On the 2.5" x 8.5" piece, score at 1", 2" 5" and 8"
  • Liner pieces for the inside of the card measure 3" x 3" and 3.25" x 3.25"
Template- Cut away the pieces in grey.


And the video tutorial:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!