Tuesday 5 August 2014

Made: Kimono Cardigan


Whoa! Two posts in the same week?  This is a record for me.  Yay me!

ANYWAYS, I finally fell in love with this "kimono" cardigan trend.  (I do hate that its called a "Kimono" cardigan, seems a little appropriative to me, but I digress...)  I like the flowy, comfortable feeling of them.  But by the time I wanted to buy one, they were no where to be found!  This made me really sad.  But then I remembered that I was sort of crafty, so I thought I would make one myself!


It was pretty easy to make this jacket.  And the fabric I bought was only 3 bucks a metre!  So this cost me a total of 7 dollars to make.  And since these babies sell for almost 40 dollars, I got to make something and have a deal!  Which is awesome!  If you can sew a straight line, you can make on too.  For the easiest way to make one, choose a fabric that wont fray when you cut it for the easiest construction, then you won't have to hem any of the ends!  My fabric needed to be hemmed which was what took most of the time in making it.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures, so here is the basic run down of how I made this with my basic tutorial made in Skitch:


Not bad for 2 hours work.  It is a little warm though, so I will probably wear this more in the fall.  I'm thinking of making another one in silk/ cotton to wear now... But I'm not sure how much use I will get out of it.  Summer is almost over :-(


::Top to Bottom::
Kimono Cardigan- Made by me!
Necklace: Pyrrha from Pure Home Couture
T-shirt- Old Navy
Jeans- Torrid
Sandals- Birkenstocks

If you make one, I would like to see it!  Link it in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. Cute steph you are handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very cute! FYI, I'm going to commuting to Niagara every week, and would love to meet up with you & catch sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!