Tuesday 4 September 2012

25 Things Fat People Shouldn't Do: Wear a Mumu



25 Things Fat People Shouldn't Do is the brainchild of Jes, The Militant Baker.  After finding an idiotic and ridiculous list on the internet that proclaimed 25 tasks that fat people "shouldn't" do; she metaphorically and literally said "screw that," and  decided to do all the tasks on the list.  In her words, this list "ranges from the absurd to the profoundly shameful," so "[she] will be disproving this offensive notion with style."  I thought it was a brilliant idea; so I joined in.  

 
Howdy!  For this installment of responding to nobody's favorite list, we are wearing a mumu.

I will do you one better, here is a picture of me wearing a mumu on stage.  Better still: I'm wearing a mumu, in a play that people paid to see me in.  Even better:  I'm wearing a mumu, on stage, where people have paid to see me, and I'm in a skimpy black dress underneath it for the next scene.  Let get better:  I was a lead character, in a mumu, on stage, where people paid to see me, after which I pull it off to reveal a skimpy black number, in which I sing and dance next to a thin girl in short shorts.

Really, its all in how you accessorize the mumu.  I chose big, red, plastic jewelry, since the play is supposed to take place in the '60s.  I got a nickname because of that dress:  Mama Cass Bass.  And I loves me some Mama Cass.

I was not even self conscious.  I kind of like that mumu.  I'm kind of motherly in this scene, and then it cuts to a ballroom where I play a hostess/ ex-con hooker with a heart of gold.  I loved that part.

And I rocked that mumu.  If it wasn't so long, I would wear it out.  I still might find a way to do that.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!