Tuesday 19 July 2011

Art: Swept




































Here's what I've been working on this month instead of my journal.  I was working on it to finish it for a friends birthday present.  She's been wanting something I've made for a while, and I finally had the time to make it for her.  I wanted to make something calming for her, and so I chose blues and greens.  I've been on a weird Picasso-esque cubist faces kick lately, so that made its way into the painting too.

Its hard to give something away that you've made.  I knew it was going to be a gift, but now that its done, I'm attached to it.  I can't keep everything I make, but it never gets easier when I sell or give something away as a gift.  I don't know if it will ever get easier either...

1 comment:

  1. NIce colours! I like that small bird near the bottom.

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!