Monday 21 May 2012

Listography: My life in lists


I don't know who I got this idea from (If it was you, please tell me so you can have some credit!) but I loved it.  I love making lists.  I have a daily to do list, and there is almost nothing more satisfying than crossing off something I've finished. Its one of the reasons why I still have a day-planner book instead of keeping everything on my phone.  Its not the same crossing off a completed task on a computer screen.  I think its the noise of the pen scratching across the paper.  Sounds like progress.

So, I thought I would bring some of that list joy to my blog here. The first list in my listography are my goals for the month.  I know then month is almost over, that's why its a pretty short list.  I like to keep my goals attainable.

1.  Book a vacay for me and D:
 D and I need a vacation.  Somewhere away from home.  We do the Staycation thing every year, and its nice, but we need a change.  Something always comes up when we are ready to hit the road, so I figure if we book it and pay for it up front, we won't let anything in our way.

2. Finish all my marking:
Since I started my new full time job, I've been focusing on lesson plans and stuff, so my marking has been on the back burner.  Not a good place to be.  I have a stack of marking to do.  I started some this morning, but the sun told me to stop and go and play.  I have to stop listening to the sun...

3.  Settle on a posting plan/ schedule for this blog
I am a fickle blogger.  And there is so much inspiration out there!  I need to sort out a plan for this space.  I would like more readers.  I would like more interaction with other bloggers.  "All in good time"  tell myself.  But besides being fickle, I'm also impaitent.

4. Write my french exam
I want to get my french language teaching qualifications parce que je parle francais. So I need to stop hesitating and write the exam.  A friend said it was really hard though...

5. Do one crafty thing a week
With my hectic sched, its been hard for me to find time to do what I love- making things!  So I will set aside 1 hour (at least) a week to do something creative.  Even if its working on my crochet blanket.  I have to or I will go crazy!

So even though it is the 21st of May, there are my goals.  What are your goals for the rest of the month?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!