Saturday 9 February 2013

Foodie: Nutella Brownies

 
What more do you need for a title when each of those words make my tummy happy?

Being stuck at home during Snowmageddon had its perks.  One was that D and I cooked a huge meal from scratch.  We made a chicken pot pie, but instead of using pie crust, I made a cornbread crust.  It was so good.  Naturally we needed a dessert that would go with that, so I whipped up some Nutella Brownies.

Nutella was something that I knew about as a kid, but my mother would never let me have it.  Kids at school got mutella sandwiches for lunch, and I sometimes had some of those, but not until I was an adult did I get to enjoy this delightful spread on almost EVERYTHING!

My favorite thing to do is to dip pretzels into Nutella-- but I'm not allowed anymore because one time, I ate so many that I was sick.  So now we are only allowed to get the small container, and only if there are no pretzels.  D thinks that if we don't buy them at the same time, I won't eat it and be sick.  I don't know why he wants to keep us apart.  I'm a grown woman, if I want a Nutella stomach-ache, I can darn-well have one!

ANYWAYS, we made Brownies.  And they are good.  They are a little chocolatey, and a little hazelnutty.  Want a recipe?  Here you go:


Nutella Brownies (make one 8x8 inch pan) Adapted from Mother Thyme.com


Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup Nutella
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. Using an electric mixer or hand mixer, blend butter sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add Nutella and stir until mixture is creamy. Stir in flour.
  3. Pour into a greased and lined 8-inch square pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Don't over bake! Cool before cutting.
There are variations you make on these too.  I want to try peanut butter instead of Nutella, for a peanut butter blondie type bar.  Or you could add some cocoa for more chocolate flavor.  And when I try these variations out, you will be the first to know blog.

Now I'm off to have a brownie for breakfast.  Don't judge me.  You would too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!