Thursday 11 August 2011

Journal: More fun than a barrel of monsters

I bought these really cheap watercolors (you know the dry kind kids use?) at the dollar store for my students, and I had one at home.

I decided to try them out on a bunch of doodles I did in my journal. They were pretty ok, actually!  I like how muted the colors are, it let me use as many colors as I want without it looking really busy.

I am torn for which my favorite monster is... I think I like the flying toast dude the best.  Especially because he has duck feet.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It could be a great art activity for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was super simple. All I did was doodle some weird shapes and then turn them into a monster. I didn't know what they were going to be until I started doodling!

    ReplyDelete

Drop me a line, I love hearing from you!